Friday, August 30, 2013

Reading notes: NPR 's dumpling week

All week the NPR food blog, The Salt, has been sending out great dumpling stories, many of which include fabulous recipes that I don't have the time to try.  Perhaps the most interesting post was one in which they attempted to document all the many, many,  many kinds of dumplings, what they are calling their "Global Dumpling List." And yes, momos are on the list but more interesting is their list of " disputable dumplings" that includes everything from empanadas to samosas. Why disputable? Because NPR put together a panel of "Dumpling Experts"  to help them decided what should actually be considered a dumpling!

1 comment:

  1. This was a great list to read, thanks for sharing it. I am so very hungry now... maybe I will go momo hunting this weekend in my town's Little Tibet. I was a little saddened to see that cheese was not considered as a momo filling as this is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete