Sunday, August 31, 2014

Reading Notes: Food and Immigrants ( in the US)

I enjoyed this recent article that I read on NPR's food blog The Salt about the volunteer work of women to make the feasts and meals that devotees (of several different religions) enjoy at the places where they worship.  It  includes some great pictures and highlights the work of these volunteers in several different New York City religious communities. The story comes from a very interesting project called Feet in 2 Worlds which is intended to bring the stories of immigrant  and ethnic journalists  from the across the US to wider audiences.   The site features a number of food related stories in a series it call Food in 2 Worlds which is quickly becoming a favorite read.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog and plan to follow it for inspirational meals and poems. I am new to blogging. Mine started as a college project but has become a passion. I am 56 years young in college for the first time in my life. It is never to late to better yourself. Please feel free to check out my blog at:

    wwwfabulousfiftiesdining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete