Saturday, March 23, 2013

Reading Note: More excuses to drink coffee

Since I have started my new job, my coffee consumption has steadily risen. Luckily both NPR and Lifehacker had recent blog posts about why coffee is good for you.  The NPR article is all about how caffeine might improve our memory, apparently it works for bees! ( Cue jokes about a "caffeine buzz"!) The Lifehacker article offers a far more extensive list of ways in which a coffee habit could do you good, including: making you smarter, lowering your risk of diabetes, Alzheimer and Parkinson's  and burning fat.     



Of course I wish I was drinking my coffee somewhere pretty with a little atmosphere instead of  hunched over a computer screen.   This really wonderful photo essay of Swiss coffee houses takes me back to a time when I lived in Switzerland and drank less coffee but savored every cup that I did drink. 

1 comment:

  1. "Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water."
    ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee (1674)

    ReplyDelete